Thursday, May 26, 2011

Family Laser fight

Lucas' family wanted to play laser tag today. I was SO excited to go and we all had a really expensive ticket to the best laser tag place in town. Everyone had on a team Taylor T-shirt on, and just as we were getting in the car I realized I didn't have a seat. I said, Uh oh, where can I sit? And Brian, my brother-in-law sticks his head out the door and says, "You're not coming. We dont have a ticket for you" I was really confused because I knew I had a ticket. So I went to find Lucas, who I realized was in our Escape. I went to the car and opened the door and he said, "Oh, hun, you aren't coming. We gave a ticket away, so we are just going to go" I was so sad that they gave a ticket away and just outed me. It made me feel really unwanted, and I was mad at Lucas for being okay with it. I was trying to figure it out and saw Mary Jane Ogle and she said, "I wanted a ticket so they gave me yours". She wouldn't give it back.

Everybody left.

So I walked to the laser tag place, Lucas was running around playing and I found him and walked in and crouched down where he was hiding, all geared up. I said, "Lucas, why would your family think I didn't want to come?" He said, "They knew you wanted to. We just gave your ticket away". That made me mad. I thought it was so inconsiderate, so I put my arm over him because he wasn't paying attention to me and was so angry and started explaining how they wronged me. He kinda just shrugged me off and kept playing. He never acts that way, so I got up and yelled back in front of everyone, "Lucas, you are so stupid!" He looked sad that I would call him a name, and so I immediately felt like I was the biggest jerk. I ran to him and hugged him and kissed him and told him I was sorry and I didn't mean it and now I know why I wasn't invited to play laser tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment