Monday, May 2, 2011

40 MILLION DOLLARS...not.

The family was all gathered in this cute house. I was outside in the dirt parking lot when this white van pulled up. A short lady came out of it looking serious. She was holding a photograph. She came up to me, asking who I was. I told her I was Amber Taylor. She asked if my maiden name was Amber Hermann, and I told her yes. She handed me a picture of a check made out to Amber Hermann for 40 million dollars from Publishers Clearing House. She said that I had won the money! I started getting really excited and immediately started trying to find Lucas to tell him we could afford to Adopt. She stopped me and said, "Your legal name is Amber Taylor, now. We can't give you the money" I said, I am the same person, I'm just married now. She said, sorry. She took the picture of the check back and said, you see its for Amber Hermann, that is not you. I got really sad and started crying that we wouldn't be able to help anybody or adopt kids or anything all because of a name change. It was fun to get excited while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment